- Ass for arts sake
- 2005-07-17: It's hot enough to take off all your clothes, so along with perhaps 2,999 others I walked naked across Newcastle / Gateshead's Millennium Bridge at about 4:30 this morning as part of one of Spencer Tunick's art installations.
- It was fun. Happy. I thought I'd have much more to say. I expected to feel vulnerable, and to be more entertaining over a beer afterwards. Perhaps the stories will come when they're ready. But the strange thing is by the time I'd walked 100 yards naked it felt like the most natural thing in the world.
- Oh, I might say that if you're the kind of guy who spends his time looking for a woman with a perfect body, it doesn't exist (apart from my partner's obviously). Wierdly, men seem more able to get closer to the media determined ideal.
- Trivially, lots and lots of people have tattoos, and quite a few shave their bits (men and women). I can also confirm there's nothing sexy at all about being naked with lots of other people. It is interesting though. More Tunick pics here.
- I've been on holiday btw, that's why I've been quiet.
By John Allsopp
Previous: Tunick on TV -
Back to blog list